First Lutheran's Vision of the Church Body
- Growing a local congregation with Christ
- Planting regional congregations for Christ
- Sending global servants in Christ
As we see our vision fulfilled, our desire is that the following will be happening:
Acts 1:8 “And you will be my witnesses in…
- …Jerusalem (Growing a local congregation with Christ)
- A vision of First Lutheran reaching the East County and growing by new believers and transformed lives
- …Judea and Samaria (Planting regional congregations for Christ)
- A vision of new church planting and multiplication in San Diego County and northwest Mexico
- …and all the ends of the earth." (Sending global servants in Christ)
- A vision of sending missionaries and supporting church planting around the world
A Word About Missions and Church Planting
First Lutheran is actively cooperating with other churches and ministries within San Diego County and around the world.
First, it is our commitment to help plant new churches in the southwest region of the United States, as well as train leaders and workers for those church plants through a ministry at First Lutheran called Harvest Institute of Ministries and Church Multiplication.
Second, we are also partnering with work being done around the world to bring Jesus Christ to the nations. In particular, First Lutheran is involved with supporting work that is being done in Mexico, India, Korea, Peru, Poland, Russia, Taiwan, and the Philippines in order to fulfill Jesus’ vision and command to “make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19).
The mission statement of First Lutheran, based on a Matthew 28:19-20. Our desire is that as we fulfill this mission, the following will happen:
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations…
To know Christ…
"...baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit," New believers are coming to faith in Jesus
To know Christ more fully…
"...and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…" Lives are being transformed by the power of God’s love and Spirit
To make Christ more fully known.
"...of all nations." To make Christ more fully known. New believers, transformed lives, leaders, ministries, and churches in this region, and around the world, are being multiplied